Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thunderbolt Mobo

 The Asus P8Z77-V Premium

 I remember the old days when I used to tweak the desktop pc, upgrading it with a new processor or gfx card and how I also used to overclock them, sometimes with the risk of a guarantee void... Today I prefer the extra mobility so the desktop pc's are not my weapon of choice anymore but from time to time there's innovation and that's something I can't ignore.

 Let's see what's this baby capable of: ATX motherboard with Intel Z77 chipset - supports LGA1155 processors and features four DDR3 DIMM memory slots to up to 32GB of RAM, four PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slots, two PCIe 2.0 x1 slot, WiFi and Bluetooth V4.0. Connectivity-wise, it has six SATA 6.0 Gbps, three SATA 3.0 Gbps, one mini-SATA 3.0 Gbps with onboard 32GB SSD, two Gigabit Ethernet, six USB 3.0, six USB 2.0, one display port, HDMI and one Thunderbolt port.

 Intel's high-speed I/O Thunderbolt technology was released on the Apple MacBook Pro and it has recently been integrated in notebooks like the Asus G75VW, but we were yet to see it on desktop PC's.

 There's no word on pricing yet but if you're a desktop PC enthusiast this one's for you.

 Links: Asus P8Z77-V Premium
            Thunderbolt explained




           

No comments:

Post a Comment